Tuesday, 9 October 2007

I've found what I've been looking for.

When I first started looking for an alternative PPG engine I was aware that the Yamaha KT100 kart engine seemed quite a popular choice for some PPG builders, Skytribe even offer a set of plans designed around this engine and as I said in one of my earlier posts, "if I'd have known I was going to end up using the KT I would have considered using the Skytribe design".

The engine is 15Hp stock and with a bit of tweaking some say you can get it up to 20Hp. Also being a 2 stroke it's quite a bit lighter than the B&S WF four stroke I was going to use, and a much simpler design. The KT has a good reputation for reliability and seems more popular in America, Australia and some parts of Europe than they are here in the UK. So when one came up for sale on ebay I snapped it up. The engine had been fully rebuilt, came with a carb, airbox, exhaust and a brand new pull start all for £125.00, that will do nicely thank you.

Finally I've got an engine I can work with, it would have been nice to have a bit more Hp but as long as I get a decent climb rate I'll be happy, I'm not bothered about building a rocket ship, I just want to fly.

Build cost so far £183.45



Next page ->